The COVID-19 pandemic sparked big community needs and the pressure on our local charitable organizations increased as more community members accessed their services. At the same time, demand on some small Oakville businesses lessened. With the Ontario State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic coming to an end, The Foundation is shifting its granting focus towards recovery.
The Charity-Small Business Partnership Program is a unique program that encourages local Oakville charities to apply for funding for the purchase of goods and services from an Oakville small business, including meals, equipment, devices or consulting services.
Charities purchasing meals are able to apply for up to $5,000. Charities purchasing other goods and services are able to apply for up to $10,000. Successful partnership applications will be selected by a panel of independent experts.
Applications Have Now Closed
To match successful partners each needed to meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must be registered Halton-based charitable organizations that directly support and serve Oakville and its residents
- Applicant must be a previous grant recipient of The Foundation
- Applicant must be a qualified donee as defined under the Income Tax Act and registered and in good standing with the Canada Revenue Charities Directorate
Small Business Eligibility:
- Must be located or have a location in Oakville
- Must have a staff of fewer than 20 full-time employees
- Must have under $10 million in revenue
Please see our Charity-Small Business Partnership Granting Guidelines for more eligibility requirements and grant and project timing.
Industry Expert Panel
An Industry Expert Panel will select successful applicants. This panel includes:
- Kirby Alguire, Vice President, Finance, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
- Binu Dhas, VP Operations, Hoskin Scientific
- Tino Dossantos, VP of Business Markets for Southwestern Ontario, RBC
- Christine M Langevin, Chartered Professional Accountant, C.Dir., CPA, CMA, CFE, BComm
There will also be advisory support from the Oakville Chamber of Commerce and Henderson Partners LLP.
This initiative is made possible with sponsorship from RBC and continued support from Ford Canada.