Our latest news is listed below by date. News can also be searched by topic using the menu on the side.
- Image thumbnail: Donating Stocks, securities and more
Image thumbnail: Oakville Community Foundation’s Brightlights Celebration
November 14, 2019
Please join us for our Brightlights Celebration, a community-wide celebration of arts in our community on November 14 – part of our 25th Anniversary..Event Details
Image thumbnail: Fearless Women’s Giving Annual Event – Announcing First Grant Recipient!
October 16, 2019
One year later – More than 25 Members – And we’re giving away Funds to an amazing Program supporting Women, Mental Health and Support Networks! ..Event Details
- Image thumbnail: Remember When: The Great Dream Home Lottery
Image thumbnail: Giving back to those who give freely to our community!
The Foundation has a unique role in serving our community through philanthropy, and one of those ways is in recognizing leaders who give in their own ..Read More
Image thumbnail: Six Considerations Before Starting Your Own Charity
You’re passionate and want to share your time, talent and treasure to make a positive impact and starting a new charity might seem like the most eff..Read More
- Image thumbnail: Then & Now: The Oakville Heritage Trails
- Image thumbnail: Learn about our Impact, in Audio Format!
- Image thumbnail: Wendy Rinella’s Top 10 Highlights of 2018
- Image thumbnail: Mississaugas of the Credit flag to be raised permanently at Town Hall
- Image thumbnail: Why Should I Support Charities in Oakville?
- Image thumbnail: Annual General Meeting
- Image thumbnail: Thank you for another successful Belong Oakville!
- Image thumbnail: First Contact Screening and Panel Discussion
- Image thumbnail: Who Will Benefit From Your Wealth And Wisdom?
- Image thumbnail: The Famous Five: Women Giving Panel
Image thumbnail: “A Tale of Two Childhoods”: Vital Youth Report Launch
November 6, 2018
Please join us for the launch of our Vital Youth Report looking at “A Tale of Two Childhoods” that happens everyday in Oakville and North Halton. ..Event Details
- Image thumbnail: Treaty Week: Treaty 22 Land Claim Discussion
- Image thumbnail: Recognizing a Leader in and for the Community
- Image thumbnail: Will Power – insights on Minimizing your Taxes
- Image thumbnail: The Olympic Community is in good hands in Korea
Image thumbnail: March 1st – Truth & Reconciliation – Our Next Conversation
March 1, 2018
The Oakville Community Foundation and The Partnership for Truth & Reconciliation in Oakville continue the discussions on Truth & Reconciliation and wh..Event Details
- Image thumbnail: Trends in Philanthropy
- Image thumbnail: Ashquasing- the Reflection Chair
- Image thumbnail: What does it mean for the community to have a report like Vital Signs
Image thumbnail: Britta Martini-Miles – The Role and Value of the Oakville Community Foundation
The Lighthouse For Grieving Children, speaking to the value The Foundation provides, well beyond just a granting organization.Watch Video
Image thumbnail: An Interview with Colleen Sym: Welcoming Syrian Refugees to Oakville
As part of The Foundation’s work putting together our video celebrating the work of the Oakville Resettlement Fund, we sat down with Colleen Sym, th..Watch Video
Image thumbnail: Joint Truth & Reconciliation Discussion – Unveils insights
“Reconciliation is not an Aboriginal problem – it involves all of us”. Justice Murray Sinclair, Chairman of the Truth and Reconciliation Commis..Event Details
- Image thumbnail: 2016-2018 Strategic Plan – Charting New Path
Image thumbnail: NEW Report – Creating Vital Solutions – Get Your Copy
Building on the work of our 2015 Vital Signs report, our Creating Vital Solutions ~ Building Foundations across Oakville ~ is The Foundation’s strat..Read More
Image thumbnail: Video Insight – What community foundations can learn from their donors
What a great video from the Center for Effective Philanthropy in the US regarding what CF’s can learn from their donors. We hope you enjoy the prese..Watch Video