Are you prepared to discuss philanthropy with your clients?
Helping your clients to realize their philanthropic goals and ideas allows you to provide more complete service as part of a total financial or legal plan. When you understand the philanthropic options, the local issues, and the work being done to address them, you’ll build the respect and trust of your clients along the way. For example, you may have clients who:
- Are considering a private foundation, but have concerns about costs and administrative complexity
- Want to maximize the tax benefit for their charitable contribution under federal law
- Would like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars
- Would like to give to more than one charitable cause
We can help you and your clients with philanthropic planning
The Oakville Community Foundation team has years of experience working with professional advisors (including lawyers, accountants and financial planners) who need to support their client during tax planning, estate planning or liquidity events such as an inheritance or sale of a business.
Because of our expertise in investing, charitable giving, causes and organizations, we can help you provide a full range of philanthropic services to your clients. We invest funds with top professional fund managers, supervised by an independent Investment Committee of The Foundation Board of Directors. Our Governance and Investment procedures are available for your review. And as a registered Public Foundation with Canada Revenue Agency, we are authorized to issue charitable receipts for income tax purposes for gifts of cash, securities or life insurance – opening up time to make giving and granting decisions over the long-term.
We work as your partner, and you stay in control of your client relationships.
“My role in this project enabled the client to feel comfortable and empowered during the decision process. It was an honour to represent the family and it was a pleasure to work with The Foundation staff and Board.”
– Gayle Villeneuve, CMA
Would you like us to help add value to your work with clients?
Call Sarah McPherson at 905-844-3562 x 302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help you to support your clients’ philanthropic planning.
We also provide a suite or materials ready for you to download and use:
- Sample Will Language
- Gifts of Securities – Donation Form
- Doing Good For Business: The Inclusion of Philanthropy in the Canadian Professional Advisor’s Business Practice
- Workbook: Your personal guide to impact (Coming Soon)
- A Guide For Professional Financial Advisors (Coming Soon)