At The Oakville Community Foundation, we believe that the future strength and prosperity of our community starts with long-term investments made today. Our job is to keep an eye on our community’s needs and put resources where they are needed.
As a community foundation, we understand Oakville – from the local issues and needs to the agencies doing the best work to address these issues, to the people and organizations who are teaming up to make change possible.
Using information gleaned from research and experience, we can guide you through the creation of your legacy in the community. You can trust us to help you make a significant impact.
Access the Tools for Giving – such as Stocks & Securities or Giving by Credit Card
Here’s how we work at The Oakville Community Foundation:
- We help individuals, families, companies and other organizations to set up funds, with more than 200 family and organization funds established to date.
- We conduct research to continuously assess and understand Oakville’s areas of greatest need, publishing and using research reports and using the data to inform our work and granting.
- We provide grants to those organizations making the greatest impact, with more than $40 million in charity grants provided over 25 years.
- We designate endowment funds to support specific areas of need such as youth, the environment, heritage and others.
- We facilitate community initiatives and programs. Examples include building Oakville’s Heritage Trails, in partnership with the Town of Oakville and establishing the Community Classroom program to fund arts, heritage and culture programming for all of Oakville’s publicly funded elementary students.
- We bring local philanthropists together, with our newest approaches, including our Women’s Giving Collective.
“When you pool your resources and work with The Oakville Community Foundation, they enable you to amplify your impact in the local community and beyond.”
~Bruce Burrows, Fundholder
Since our establishment in 1994, we have become the largest charitable asset in the Town of Oakville dedicated to building community through philanthropy; now marking our 25thyear, we have accumulated $111 million in assets. As we turn to the future, we are focused on knowing and understanding Oakville even more deeply, so we can continue to support strategic philanthropy.
Stay in the know about our ongoing work
Would you like to keep up with the latest Oakville Community Foundation news? Sign up for our email updates.
The Oakville Community Foundation recognizes that Oakville resides on the treaty lands and territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, part of the Anishinaabe nation.
Oakville is covered by two treaties – Treaty #14 The Head of the Lake Treaty of 1806 and Treaty #22 the 12 Mile Creek, 16 Mile Creek and the River Credit reserve treaty of 1820.